After a one-year absence, the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series will return to Pocono Raceway in 2027.
The 2.5-mile triangular track in Long Pond announced its dates for next season Tuesday afternoon. It again will host a tripleheader weekend June 11-13 featuring all three NASCAR national series.
On Friday, June 11, the Truck Series is back to kick off the weekend. The O’Reilly Auto Parts Series race is Saturday, June 12, with the Cup Series capping the weekend Sunday, June 13, with the Great American Getaway 400 presented by VISIT PA.
“Our renewals end Aug. 31, so we want to give our fans these two weeks to make a decision,” Pocono Raceway president Ben May said. “We’re pleased with the dates. It’s the same weekend as we had last year. The Truck Series is back this year after a year off, as expected. We’ve sold out our infield the past six years, sold out our grandstands the past four years, so we’re looking to plug and play and repeat.”
Because of the World Cup soccer tournament, the Truck Series didn’t race at Pocono this year and the ARCA Series took its place. But the trucks will be back for a 17th time in 2027. MillerTech Battery, which sponsored this year’s O’Reilly Series race, will go back to sponsoring the 200-mile truck race at Pocono next year.
“The discussion always was for the trucks to come back. It’s important for us to have all three national series,” May said. “ARCA was great to be here, fun to be around, they always put on a great show. But for us, having just one weekend and having all three national series is super-important to us and our fans. They love the Truck Series, they put on a great show as does the O’Reilly Series and Cup. Making sure the three national series were back at Pocono was extremely important to us.”
NASCAR has not yet announced start times or television broadcast partners. However, for the past two years, Pocono was one of the five Cup Series races televised by Amazon Prime. May anticipates that being the case again.
“That’s our expectation, to be back with Prime,” May said. “It’s been really fun to be in that window. They’re a great group to work with. They put on a heck of a show in the infield pre- and postrace for our fans.”
Single-day tickets are on sale at poconoraceway.com with Cup Series tickets starting at $65. Fans from this year have until Aug. 31 to renew their seats and campsites for next season. Once again, the track will have its “Kids Free” program with free admission for children ages 12 and under all three days with a ticketed adult.
“We’re thrilled this news is out and that the three series are back,” May said. “Our expectation for ourselves and our team is to sell this place out and put on a heck of a show. That’s where we stay focused.”